In accordance with ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act), all LEAs are required to notify parents at the beginning of each school year of their ‘Right to Know’ the professional qualifications of their student’s classroom teachers and paraprofessionals.
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, parents may request the following information:
- Whether the student’s teacher –
- has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and,
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.