School Council Vision and Mission
School councils provide advice, recommendations, and assistance to principals and local boards of education.
The vision of the FLE School Council is to bring parents, other community members, and school members closer together to help solve problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and to promote student achievement through teamwork.
Our mission as school council is to bring parents, faculty, administrators, local business partners, and the local community together to improve and promote academic achievement, provide support, and create a better understanding of a mutual respect for each other’s’ concerns.
School councils are advisory bodies. They may provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education on any matter, including but not limited to:
Flippen Elementary School Council Members2014-2015
- School board policies
- School improvement plans
- Curriculum and assessments
- Report cards issued and audits of the school conducted by the Office of Education Accountability
- Development of a school profile to the community
- School budget priorities, including school capital improvement plans
- School-community communication strategies
- Methods of involving parents and the community
- Extra-curricular activities
- School-based and community services
- Community use of the school facility
- Student discipline and attendance
- Reports regarding progress toward meeting the school's student achievement goals
- Methods and specifications for the delivery of early intervention services or other appropriate services for underachieving students