Creating and Posting Student Web pages Using Word and SchoolWires
Students do this:
1. Open Microsoft Word and create the content that is appropriate for a webpage.
2. Go to File; Save As
3. Choose “Single File Web Page” under
Save As Type
4. Choose a folder and save the file into the folder.
Teachers Do this
1. Open SchoolWires
2. Login to your teacher webpage
3. Click “
4. Open a page that you wish to link the Student web pages to
5. In the area that you edit the page, click in the white space where you want the link.
6. Click the paper clip symbol in the menu area.
7. Choose “
Select a New File from My Computer or network…”
8. Browse for the Single File webpage
10. Give the file a name in the box next to “Link text”. This will be the name that people
click on to access the student webpage.
11. Next to Target choose “
Open in New window”.
13. Save the page
14. The file should be available on your teacher webpage
Please note that all student web pages should be checked for grammar and spelling as well as
be directly related to standards based learning