The Accountability Office conducts and reviews research and evaluation studies, performs data analyses and works with Information Services to create visualizations that support district decision-making, conducts internal research to inform decision making and evaluate initiatives, and consults with internal and external parties on research methodology, data analyses, and best practices in education. Specifically, the Accountability Office:
- Supports with building the structures and monitoring processes associated with the district’s cascading accountability plan which ensures alignment of district actions to the Board of Education’s Core Beliefs and Commitments and HCS’s Strategic Plan 2026.
- Conducts research and evaluation studies to inform district decision-making about the effectiveness of programs and initiatives designed to increase and support student achievement.
- Collaborates with cross-divisional teams to review and provide research and guidance on proposed data use and analysis.
- Designs and administers internal research to collect feedback from stakeholders and evaluate district initiatives. ·
- Analyzes education data and creates summaries and visualizations.
- Develops tools to support the effective utilization of research and data to inform practices
- Provides HCS district and school staff with resources to support the acquisition of grants.
The Assessment Office has developed an Assessment Toolkit as a one-stop shop resource and communication tool for Henry County Employees. The Assessment Toolkit is accessible via the Employee Tab on the HCS website as well as in the Employee Resources link of the Assessment & Performance website.