Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Antonette Armstrong
Welcome to Mrs. Armstrong’s Fifth Grade ELA Classroom!
Here is a little information about me.
I was born and raised in NYC. I am married, have two daughters, a son, and a grandson. This is teaching year number 22 for me. I started teaching for the NYC Department of Education in 2000. There, I taught for 6 years. Then, I moved to Georgia in 2006. I’ve worked for Clayton County Public Schools for two years and now I teach in the Henry County Public School System. I am certified to teach General and Gifted Education. I also earned my Master’s Degree in Literacy Education.
Curriculum & Instruction
- All 5th graders are expected to master the Georgia Standards of Excellence. I will post our focus in my Parent Newsletter every week.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- The school day begins at 7:45 am. Students should be in their homerooms at that time.
- Download the Infinite Campus app! It will give you up-to-date grades, averages, and missing assignments.
- 5th graders are expected to complete all assigned work.
- Remember, assignments, grades, progress reports, and report cards will be posted in Infinite Campus. Downloading the app is the best way to keep track of your 5th grader's academic standing.
- The best way to reach me is by email. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Learners are expected to use this time to finish any incomplete or given assignments from the day. The expectations will be communicated to them.
- ROCK Behavior expectations will be in place at all times: Responsible, Orderly, Cooperative, and Kind. Please speak to your children about the importance of making good choices.
If I can do anything more to help your child out, please let me know. We will be working together as a team.