On March 30, 2015 Governor Deal signed into law H.B. 91 which eliminated the requirement for students to pass the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in order to gain their high school diploma.
You are eligible for your diploma if:
- you have completed all academic course requirements for graduation
- are only missing a passing score on one or more sections of the GHSGT
- previously attended a Henry County high school and received a certificate of performance
- received a Special Education Diploma and are only missing a passing GHSGT score in one or more subjects
I am eligible. How do I obtain my diploma?
- Complete the petition form found here
- Send the completed form to your school's counseling department
- The counseling department will evaluate the petition and determine if all other graduation requirements have been met and will contact you directly about your diploma status
Last Modified on August 17, 2020