Welcome to another exciting school year. My name is Tiffany Raines and I am the part-time School Counselor for Flippen Elementary School. I am very happy to be here, among the outstanding educators and scholars of Henry County. It is my honor to serve the students and families with the upmost of quality. I am born and raised in Georgia and have two teenagers, a son named Devan and daughter named Emily. I enjoy crafting, decorating, learning and of course, SCHOOL COUNSELING!
I obtained my Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology, with a minor in Early Childhood Education from Mercer University. Currently, I am a Mercer University Graduate Student, finishing my Masters of Science Degree in School Counseling (December-2020). I believe in providing students both, academic and social/emotional support, but most importantly, a safe, nurturing and unconditionally positive relationship, that fosters personal growth, as well as academic growth.
My goals for this school year are to build lasting relationships with students, educators, and stakeholders.
I will provide services per the ASCA National Model including, but not limited to:
- Individual student academic planning and goal setting
- School counseling classroom core curriculum lessons
- School Counseling Small Groups
- Short-term counseling to students
- Referrals for outside support (when needed)
- Collaboration with families, teachers, administrators and community members to aid student achievement
- Advocacy for all students
- Data analysis to identify student needs and challenges, as well as school improvement goals
- B.S. in Psychology (Minor in Early Childhood Education)- Mercer University, 2018
- M.S. in School Counseling- Mercer University, 2020 (Coming December 2020)
"Positive Relationships, Promote Positive Change."