The purpose of this course is for the student to gain competence in:
- Reading- Students will increase vocabulary and use of context clues to gain knowledge and improve reading comprehension, while gaining an appreciation for a variety of literary genres.
- Writing- Students will develop writing skills to compose well-developed, cohesive paragraphs and multi-paragraph essays by addressing sentence structure, spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.
- Research and Argumentation - Students will design and implement concise and sustained research tasks focused by questions and understandings of rigorous topics. Students will communicate information, reasoning, and supporting evidence that conveys a clear and distinct perspective.
- 21st Century Skills- Students will demonstrate competence in Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, and Creativity while developing a sense of local and global citizenship
- School issued laptop and charger
- Required Textbook- Intro to Literature 10th Grade
- Reliable Wifi