Phone: (770) 954-9515
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Sonja Goins
Welcome to "THE LANDING"!!!
I am Sonja Goins, Department Chair for Career, Technical and Agricultural Technology (CTAE). I also teach (Introduction to Software Technology (IST), Computer Science Principles (CSP), and Programming, Games, Apps & Society (PGAS) courses in the Information Technology Career Cluster. I attended South Carolina State University as an undergraduate and University of West Georgia for my graduate studies.
As the new year kicks-off, I would like to thank you (Parents/Guardians) for the opportunity to teach your child. The success of your child involves a partnership with you as the parent/guardian and the teacher.
- Parents and Students: Regularly check Infinite Campus for student grades. Infinite Campus Information can be obtained by contacting the ELHS Counseling Center.
- Students: Consider joining our Student Organization Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): FBLA is a national co-curricular student organization affiliated with business and computer science classes. National, state, and local dues are $20 for the school year. Students must submit a completed application with their dues (myschoolbucks).
- Students: Did you know that you could receive an Industry Certification for the Information Technology Career Pathway? Here is how:
- Complete and pass the three required courses in the Information Technology Career Pathway
- Pass the End of the Pathway Assessment given at the end of the school year
If you complete these two tasks, you will receive a recognized industry credential.