Expanding American: Bigger, Better, Faster
The student will describe how life changed in America at the turn of the century.
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for America at the turn of the century
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for Inventors
World War I
The student will describe U.S. involvement in World War I and post-World War I America.
The student will explain how the Great Depression and New Deal affected the lives of millions of Americans.
The student will explain the reasons for America's involvement in World War II.
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for WWII (war)
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for Jazz Age, Great Depression, and the New Deal
- BrainPop - Video about WWII
- BrainPop - Causes of WWII
- WWII - Interactive activities for kids
- History Channel - Interactive website that displays the battles of WWII
- At home - Information about life in America during WWII
- Anne Frank - Information about Anne Frank
The student will discuss the origins and consequences of the Cold War.
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for the Cold War
- BrainPop - Video about Cold War
- Ducksters - The Cold War
- Facts - Tells the story of the Cold War
- Videos - Many videos about the Cold War
The student will describe the importance of key people, events, and developments between 1950 - 1975.
The student will trace important developments in America since 1975.
- Quizlet - Vocabulary for Civil Rights
The student will locate important places in the United States.
Other Social Studies Links
- Quizlet - Important people throughout Social Studies in 5th grade
- American History - An interactive timeline of our Nation's history
- Animated Atlas - 10 minute clip showing geographic history of the United States