HONORS US HISTORY -7TH PERIODS
What Supplies Will I Need?
- One 3- or 5- subject spiral notebook OR one 1 1/2- or 2-inch binder for history notes
- One composition book for Milestone vocabulary
- One fully charged Chromebook each day
- Loose leaf notebook paper
- Glue sticks (if you are using a spiral notebook for your notes)
- Colored pencils or markers (optional)
Where Do I Find Assignments and Resources?
Google Classroom is the place to find assignments and materials.
We will be using an online history book. To access this, go to the launch pad on your Chromebook. Go to "District Resources (HMH)" then "Core Content." You should see the US History textbook there.
What Do I Do When I Get to "Class"?
- Check the board for the warm-up (it will usually involve vocabulary)
- Read the standards and learning targets posted on the board
What is National History Day (NHD)?
Your class will work on a NHD research project throughout the first semester. You will have a choice of topics (but it must be a US History-related topic) and a choice of products to create (paper, website, exhibit, performance, or documentary). Students who create exemplary products and desire to go on will have the opportunity to compete in the National History Day competition this year. More information about this will be shared in the Fall.