With every new school year comes a fresh start. As teachers, we tend to think of all of the things that didn't go as planned last year, as well as the things that did. We then take these things and plan for a new beginning, one that will be even better than the last.
Welcome to 5th Grade.
While I have spent years learning my craft, there is always room for improvement. I am always looking for ways to make my students better learners as I work towards becoming a better teacher.
As Students, I will give you the opportunity to thrive by giving you challenging, engaging opportunities that integrate your expanding cognitive abilities with your great enthusiasm for working with your peers.
My goal is To:
1. Empower you as leaders and decision makers
2. Celebrate your growth
3. Model a growth mindset for myself and foster the same in you as my students
4. Partner with You as my students to apply the district vision to our classroom
5. Create a culture of transparency within our classroom
6. Make Learning Fun Again
7. Inspire Students to Find a Love for Reading & incorporate effective reading strategies
8. Create the Ultimate Organized Classroom
9. Grade Students Fairly and Effectively
10. Make every student feel safe and resourceful
I am so pleased to have the opportunity to serve as your child’s fifth-grade teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. It is an exciting time and I will facilitate, teach, coach, and inspire your child to reach his or her maximum potential!