7th Grade World Geography
Ola Middle School
"Creating tomorrow's innovators today!"
Ola Middle School promotes excellence through:
Unifying Ola Middle School around excellence in education by fostering strong collaborative community relations.
Strenghtening our core business of learning by ensuring that what we teach and what students learn through an innovative student-centered personalized learning model.
Ensuring a high performing environment for all students by engaging students in relevant instruction that will enable every student will read at or above grade level in every grade.
Mr. Randy D. Quincey II: Contact Me
Students in the 7th grade will continue their study of the aspects of world geography. This year students will gain an understanding of the modern cultural and physical landscape of Southwest Asia (Middle East), Africa and South and East Asia. Students will compare and assess the human environment interaction of these regions by examining the distribution, pollution and use of natural resources in the areas. Students will explore factors influencing the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services in each region through trade and world influences. Finally, students will examine historical events in the regions to determine how governments, nations, economies and culture were formed during periods of conflict and change.
WORLD GEOGRAPHY | Grade 7 | Course Guide
First Nine Weeks
Second Nine Weeks
- Economic and Government Fudamentals
- Geography and Culture of Africa
- The Historical Development of Africa
- The Political Development of Africa
- Economic Development of Africa
- Geography and Culture of Southwest Asia (Middle East)
Third Nine Weeks
Fourth Nine Weeks
- The Historical Development of Southwest Asia (Middle East)
- The Political Development of Southwest Asia (Middle East)
- Economic Developments in Southwest Asia (Middle East)
- Geography and Culture of Sothern & Eastern Asia
- Histortical Development of Southern & Eastern Asia
- Economic Developments of Southern & Eastern Asia
- Personal Money Management
Board-Approved Grading Scale
A 100 - 90
B 89 - 80
C 79 - 74
D 73 - 70
F 69 and below
* Student grades in all courses are cumulative (August through May) and will be calculated based upon year-long grading averages.
Grading Policy (Category Weights)
- Practice Work: Max 40%
Classwork, homework, HCS formative assessments, written reflections (accuracy or completion).
- Assessment: Max 40%
Tests/Projects, quizzes, constructed response assessments, reflective assessments, and culminating performance tasks.
- Final Exam: 20%
Assessments over the totality of standards for the course such as End of Course (EOC) Tests or final exam.
Late Work/Absent Policy
Assignments that are not submitted on time will receive an “M” (missing) within Infinite Campus gradebook. All work assigned an “M” (missing) within Infinite Campus will remain as such during the term in which the assignment was due. Upon the completion of the term, any assignment that is not submitted, as required, will then result in the student receiving a grade of zero (0%) to remain permanently within the gradebook. Finally, all assignments submitted after the assigned due date will receive a late penalty and will be graded accordingly contingent upon satisfactory completion of all requirements within the assignment.
In the case of an excused absence, make-up work is accepted for the number of days’ absence plus one day, unless special arrangements have been agreed upon. Tests missed during an absence must be made up in a timely fashion. If a student returns to school on a test date that was announced prior to the student’s absence, then the student must take the test as regularly scheduled unless there are extreme extenuating documented circumstances.
- Students are expected to complete all assignments in a timely manner.
- Students are expected to bring materials to class daily.
- Students are expected to bring appropriate writing materials and textbook as indicated.
- Students are expected to respect the instructor, peers, school personnel, school, team, property or the subject matter we will cover throughout the year.
- Maturity and Courtesy will be demonstrated at all times.