Learning Plan for the week of March 23, 2020
Good Day Scholars, here is your learning plan for the week. All assignments will be submitted in Google Classroom by the due date. I realize there is quite a bit to do but we must be in a position to begin designing and building upon our return to face-to-face instruction.
All Engineering Classes - New Unit - Design Engineering
Monday - Tuesday
Complete the EDP TABLE (SEE GOOGLE CLASSROOM) USING THE RESOURCES BELOW:
- View the Teach Engineering Video on the EDP for general background information https://youtu.be/b0ISWaNoz-c
- Thoroughly read the Teach Engineering handout on the EDP. EDP Handout
- Thoroughly read the Sciencebuddies.org site on the Engineering Design Process. Be sure to click on each step for more information (you need to do this) https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/engineering-design-process/engineering-design-process-steps
- Quizizz Practice #1
Wednesday - Friday
- Engineering Design Process Steps Graphic Organizer (Table)
- Quizizz Practice #2
- Graphic Organizer – Engineering Design Process Organizer
- Check for Understanding
- Engineering Design Process Vocabulary Matching (Problem Definition, Research, Criteria, Constraint, Brainstorming, Design, Design Phase, Test, Evaluate, Prototype, Redesign, Communicate.
Reading and Writing Friday - Read the assigned article in AR 360. Take the Quiz (score must be 75 or better).
8th Grade only - Complete a 7 - 9 sentence summary that addresses the target audience, the reason for writing the article (at least two supporting statements), and the main idea (at least three supporting statements).
7th and 6th Grades Only - Complete a 3-2-1: 3 Critical Thinking (essay-type) questions that can only be answered by reading the article, 2 supporting statements for the main idea and The Main Idea.