Ola Middle School
6-8 Math 180
2020 - 21
MATH 180 is a math intervention program for grades 6+. It is designed to address the needs of struggling students. The program combines classroom support and adaptive software, which provides students with personalized instruction and practice. By allowing students to learn, practice and review at their own pace, each student receives instruction which reflects their strengths and weaknesses.
There are several components of the MATH 180 program, including:
- Student Dashboards that display your child’s recent achievements and provide access to the areas of instruction.
- Personalized software to build skills and provide practice in essential areas such as Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Number and Operations in Base Ten and Number in Operations in Fractions—skills necessary for success in algebra.
- Access to fun and engaging math games in and out of the classroom through the Brain Arcade, a personalized playlist of games that build strategic and computational fluency.”
MATH 180 INSTRUCTIONAL MODEL
- Live Sessions (whole group portions)
- Break out groups (Small group sessions)
- Students can complete independent software while the teacher is in another break out room providing small group instruction.
“Instruction begins with a whole-class “Do Now” warm-up that serves as review or an introduction.
- Then, students divide into two groups (determined by data analysis), and rotate between stations for independent learning and teacher-led small group instruction.
- “In small groups, the teacher facilitates instruction to build conceptual understanding, develop reasoning and communication skills, and interpret student thinking.”
- The MATH 180 software builds mastery and a mathematical mindset for students through instructional videos, guided problem sets, adaptive formative assessments, and smart math games designed to build fluency.”
- MATH 180 - Practice questions, software sessions / mSPACE work
- MATH 180 - end of block check points, mSKILL assessments
- MATH 180 - mSPACE performance task
The letter equivalents for numerical grades are as follows:
90 - 100 = A 80 - 89 = B 74 - 79 = C 70 - 73 = D Below 70 = F
INFINITE CAMPUS/GRADES ONLINE
The Henry County School System provides parents and students access to grades via the Internet through Infinite Campus. Parents can access their code and Infinite Campus by going to the Self-Help Access link on the School’s website. Students and Parents can get their access code by accessing Infinite Campus through the school’s website.
We will be utilizing Google Classroom as our online learning platform. Its purpose it to simplify creating and distributing learning materials in a paperless way. Students should check their class page daily to stay up to date on current resources, assignments, and other important information.
Spiral notebook or composition notebook
#2 Pencils or Mechanical pencils with extra lead
Basic Calculator-6th //Scientific Calculator – TI- 36X Pro recommended-7th& 8th
Pocket sized ear buds