Henry County Schools provides services for identified gifted students at all grade levels. The gifted program is designed to meet the very specific academic needs of these students by emphasizing the following competencies:
- Creative, productive, and critical thinking
- Extensive and advanced research skills
- Skills for independent learning
The requirements for identifying and placing students in the gifted program are governed by State Gifted Rule 160-4-2-.38: EDUCATION PROGRAM FOR GIFTED STUDENTS.
- School Specific.Through this model, schools select services that best meet the goals of their building and the needs of their students. Schools may select any combination of four state-approved models, or they may propose an innovative model. More information is available in Georgia's Gifted Resource Manual.
- TAG (Talented and Gifted)-Through this model, students will receive accelerated content in English/Language Arts and Mathematics, as well as differentiated instruction in Science and Social Studies. These students will also be exposed to critical thinking and processing activities while engaging in individualized research and exploration.