Conducting Research in Henry County Schools
The District & School Performance Department invites educational research that produces evidence-based, relevant, and accurate information. We review requests on a case-by-case basis to ensure the protection and privacy of our students, employees, and community.
All research conducted in Henry County Schools must meet these guidelines:
- protect the rights and privacy of students, families, and employees;
- respect instructional time without being detrimental to student learning;
- support continuous school system improvement goals; and
- align with our Core Beliefs and Commitments, Plan of Action, and/or Strategic Priorities.
Conducting Research as a Requirement for Course Completetion, Thesis or Dissertation
- Applicants seeking to conduct research as a requirement for a graduate course, master's thesis or doctoral dissertation, should complete the electronic Application to Conduct Research.
- If research will be conducted within a school, the school's Principal approval will be a part of the application review process. The District & School Performance Department will spearhead any Principal approval based on the requestor's identified schools.
- A preview of the application (PDF Format) can be used as a resourced for drafting responses before submitting online. An application should be completed in one setting. A requestor will be unable to save portions for later and will not be able to return to the application.
- Only complete applications will be processed for review.
- All applicable documents are below.
Publicly Available Data
View information that is publicly available and does not require a research application in the Research Toolkit.
Application Submission Window for District ApprovalApplication Received by
Response Provided by
State and Local PoliciesFor additional questions, contact the District and School Performance Department via email at Research and Grants or via phone at 770-957-6547.