Habit 1 – Be Proactive
You’re in charge of yourself
· I have a “Can Do” attitude and always try my best at everything I do.
· I follow directions and do the right thing without being asked, even when nobody is looking.
· I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods, and don’t blame others for my wrongdoing.
Habit 2 – Begin with the End in Mind
Have a plan.
· I plan ahead and set goals for myself.
· I am prepared at all times.
· I think about how the choices I make now will affect my future.
· I think about the positive or negative consequences of my actions before I act.
Habit 3 – Put First Things First
Work first, then play.
· I do the things that I have to do before I get to do the things that I want to do.
· I stay focused on what I’m doing and try to minimize distractions if I get off task.
· I spend my time on the things that are the most important.
Habit 4 – Think Win Win
Everybody can win!
· I can problem solve when an issue comes up with another person
· I think about what other people want and not just what I want.
· I am kind to others and try to think of ways to help everyone to be happy.
Habit 5 – Seek First to Understand,
Then to be Understood
Listen before you talk.
· I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings.
· I try to see things from their viewpoints.
· I listen to others without interrupting.
· I am confident in voicing my ideas.
· I look people in the eyes when talking.
Habit 6 – Synergize
Together is better.
· I value other people’s strengths and learn from them.
· I get along well with others, even people who are different than me.
· I work well in groups.
· I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with other we can create better solutions than anyone of us can alone.
· I am humble.
Habit 7 – Sharpen the Saw
Balance feeds best.
· I take care of my body by eating right, exercising and getting sleep.
· I spend time with family and friends.
· I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school.
· I find meaningful ways to help others.