Would you like your students to checkout books while they are at home? You should try Sora/ Overdrive App available on the student launchpad.
The Sora app was designed around the modern student reading experience. It empowers students to discover and enjoy ebooks as well as audiobooks from their home.
It is a great resource for a reading for liesure or class-assigned reading requirements.
Inspired by educator and student feedback, Sora was created to excite kids about reading and remove distractions to promote a focus on learning.
- Easy to use, one tap to get inside a book
- The largest catalog of ebooks and audiobooks…made even larger by access to your public library through Sora
- Teachers can assign titles and track individual student reading progress
- Exportable notes, highlights for collaborative learning
- Personalized with book recommendations and learning tools like dyslexic font, enlarged text, Read-Alongs and audiobooks
- Badges and achievements to engage students
- Same experience on all devices
- Direct support for readers provided by OverDrive
Instructions and steps for accessing Sora/Overdrive
1. visit the Classlink Launchpad
2. Click the Sora or Overdrive link
Sora (Pre-K - 2nd students)
Overdrive (3rd-5th grade students)
3. log in with your username (student number) and password (first initial, last initial, date of birth, and the hashtag symbol)
Please remember the year would be the last to digits example: 2012 would be 12
Example: username: 12345 password: jd010109#
4. Use the search box to type in the title of the book you wish to check out
5. Hover over the book and click on "borrow"To find a particular reading level:1. At the top of the screen click on "levels" and "ATOS Level"2. On the left hand side of the screen click on "ATOS Level"Happy ReadingMedia Center Staff