Special Dietary Needs

    Henry County School Nutrition provides healthy school meals that meet the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrition standards and school meal patterns for students.

    Schools participating in a federal Child Nutrition Program (School Lunch, School Breakfast or After School Snack Program) should make reasonable accommodations for children who are unable to eat the standard school meals because of a medical-related impairment, food allergy, or disability that restricts their diet. Accommodations and modifications to school meals will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

    In order to make modifications or substitutions outside the federal school meal pattern, students must have a written Medical Statement on file that is signed by a licensed physician or other State licensed health care professional authorized to write medical prescriptions under State law. The statement must identify:
    1. Information about the child’s disability or impairment that explains how it restricts the child’s diet
    2. An explanation of what must be done to accommodate the child’s diet
    3. The food(s) to be omitted and recommended substitutions, if appropriate
    4. In some cases, more information may be required


    If your child has a special dietary need, please download the medical statement form below and read the information regarding accommodating students with special dietary needs.  Completed forms should be returned to your child's school cafeteria manager.


    Declaración Médica para Solicitar Adaptaciones para Discapacidades en los Programas de Alimentos Escolares

    New logo



    In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

     Click here for Spanish Version