SS7G6: I can explain how Water pollution and the unequal access to water impacts irrigation and drinking water.
I can define IRRIGATION.
1) VOCABULARY: Click the link to view vocabulary. G5-G6 Vocabbulary
- Record Vocabulary in the 4th section of your ISN
- Divide the page of your ISN into 4 sections using a ruler/straight edge
- write the term, draw a picture, define in your own words, write defintion from book or dictionary
- Be prepared to take VOCABULARY QUIZ at the end of Unit 2
- Practice using vocabulary in your written work when possible
If you did not make adquate progress on the Vocabulary Quiz you must complete one of the following to retest:
- Create a Quizlet using all terms
- Create a Crossword puzzle using all terms with clues
- Create flash cardss with picture, term and defintion using all terms
Vocabulary RETEST will be given in class on Wednesday (8/30) and Thursday (8/31)
2) THE IMPACT OF WATER IN THE MIDDLE EAST (PPT): G6 Impacts of water on SWA
- Read through the presentation answering ALL questions as directed in your ISN
- Within the presentation there is an INTERVIEW with a water expert. (see teacher for unit folder)
- Complete the GRAPHIC ORGANIZER & SUMMARIZER when directed. (see unit folder)
- Glue interview answers, graphic organizer, and summarizer into your ISN
3) READ AND HIGHLIGHT
Directions: Read the article "WATER A SCARCE RESOURCE IN SOOUTHWEST ASIA" (look in folder)
- Read each question
- Highlight where the answer is found in the text
- MArk it the number that matches the question
- Write the answers in your ISN (Not on Worksheet) using complete sentences. Remenber to restate the question within your answer.
- Glue the article onto your ISN
3b) Watch Brainpop Video: Water Supply
- Complete Brainpop Quiz
- Must make at least an 80% (2 chances)
- Must show teacher your score before you can move on .
4) STUDY ALL YOUR WORK ACTIVITIES FOR ASSESSMENT. GOODLUCK :)
If you do not make at least 85% on quiz you must complete Remediation to retest
REMEDIATION: View video: https://www.csis.org/analysis/clear-gold-water-strategic-resource-middle-east
- Read "Fresh water- A shrinking supply" and complete Quick Quiz
- Must show Teacher.