Upcoming Due Dates
Course Description and Objectives
Grade Break Down= 80% Course Work (45% Classwork/Homework/Quizzes 55% Tests/Projects/Essays) 20% Final Exam
This course is a thematic study of British literature and will include a variety of genres and significant themes. The purpose of this course is to allow the student an opportunity to acquire:
- Read closely to analyze and evaluate all forms of (i.e. complex literary and informational) texts.
- Construct task-appropriate writing for diverse purposes and audiences.
- Design and implement concise and sustained research tasks focused by questions and understandings of rigorous and relevant topics.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a range of discussions, responding appropriately to diverse perspectives.
- Communicate information, reasoning, and supporting evidence that conveys a clear and distinct perspective.
- Employ the components of language (including conventions and word choice) effectively in written or spoken form.
- Exposure to significant British literature through various genres.
Remind 101: text @conrad12th to 81010
Google Classroom Class Codes- Most work is distributed through GoogleClassroom and it is an integral part of British Literature
2nd period - 0lgb6tz
4th period- w7w15j8
7th period- do88co
Unit Recovery-Unit Recovery is done at the end of each unit and a half sheet will be sent home with students. To qualify for a retake of an exam students must turn in all missing work from the unit, come in for a tutoring session, schedule a test session before or after school, and have the unit recovery sheet completed, signed, and turned in.
school issued laptop
optional: art supplies for projectsRemind 101: text @conrad12th to 81010