EMPOWERHCS LEARNING DEVICES
HP ChromebookAll Henry County Schools students in Grades 3-12 will be issued an HP Chromebook (Education Edition) as their personal learning device for the school year. Students will transport their devices to and from school.
Apple iPadAll Henry County Schools students in Grades K-2 will be issued an Apple iPad as their personal learning device for the school year. Students will transport their devices to and from school.Device Features
- Web filtering and activity tracking installed and in place at all times on and off school campus
- Laser etched, tagged, barcoded and entered into an online asset management system
- Only operates with HCS username and password
- Damages associated with normal wear and use covered by a limited, Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) plan provided through HCS
Terms and Conditions of Use
For more information, please refer to the EmpowerHCS Learning Device Program Guide.
- Students may use their assigned devices to create, access, and/or share digital content intended for educational purposes only.
- Students must comply with the HCS Student and Parent Handbook, HCS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), and EmpowerHCS Student Learning Device Program Guide at all times.
- The device must be returned to the school no later than the last day of school, unless earlier terminated by HCS or when the student transfers outside of the district (except for iPads - which should be turned in with an in-district transfer), withdraws, is expelled, or terminates enrollment for any reason.