Not sure if your registration is submitted? Read this!
Here’s the sequence of screens that should appear.
This is the top of the page to confirm your entry information. It will contain your name and all student/work information. This gives you one last chance to review all the information you entered and go back to make corrections, if needed. Note that artwork identification labels from printed from your registration, so capitalization, punctuation and accuracy is important.
This is the bottom of the page above, following your registration information. This is where you submit the completed registration form. You must click the “Submit Form” button for the registration information to come to us. Note that the red arrow has been added to call your attention the submit button location; your form will not show this red arrow.
The next screen displays a confirmation that the form was transmitted successfully. If you don’t see this screen, we don’t have your information.
You will immediately receive an email that includes all the information you entered. This is another indication that you have completed the process. The top of the email will look something like this.
If you entered your email address incorrectly, you will not get an email. If you’re not sure if it went through, check with the Performing Arts Center.
Be aware that there is a save and resume later option available at the bottom of each page, if you need to leave and resume later.
Henry Arts Alliance Annual High School Art Contest
20th Annual Henry Arts Alliance
High School Art Contest
Meadows & Macie, P.C. of Stockbridge & the Henry Arts Alliance, Inc.
Rules of the Contest
- Contest is open to all 10th - 12th grade high school students in Henry County -- public, private, and home schools. Two entries per student will be allowed this year but the school limit remains 20 per school.
- Online Registration will run January 39th – February 2, 2018. All work must be registered by 4 pm Friday, February 2, 2018. Only registered artwork will be accepted at the PAC between 2 and 6 pm on Tuesday, February 6th . No registrations will be possible online or on-site on Tuesday, February 6th. Information will be sent to the schools with the online registration procedures in December.
- A student may enter two pieces in any media, but only one will be eligible for an award. All artworks need to be labeled on the back with Artist Name and School. Artwork deemed objectionable or the incorrect size will be excluded.
- Artwork must be original work of the student (not copied from magazines or other sources) and completed during the high school years. Artwork that has won previous years’ competitions may not be re-entered.
- 2D work must be matted or mounted and ready to hang. Works on plain paper will not accepted. If works on stretched canvas or frames are submitted, they must have a wire attached for hanging. Maximum size: 30”x40”. Any artwork not meeting these requirements will be excluded from the exhibit.
- 3D work MAXIMUM size will be 16”x16”x16” in order to display them within the pedestal and acrylic cover configuration. There must be no exposed nails, screws, or sharp edges on any work. Space is limited and we want the students’ work to be protected from curious hands. Please advise us beforehand if you are registering 3D pieces in order to meet these specifications. Any artwork not meeting these requirements will be excluded from the exhibit.
- 10th Grade winners and awards will be determined by the number of 10th grade artwork entries (20 minimum).
- Winners/Instructors will be notified by phone and/or email by Thursday, February 8th .
- Artwork will remain on display at the Performing Arts Center through Monday, February 26th, and must be picked up between 2:00 - 5:00 pm that afternoon.
- Award winning works will be taken and displayed in a special Gallery showing referred to as “The Winner’s Circle” at the McDonough Library from February 26th to March 1st . An Awards Reception will be held at the McDonough Library on Thursday evening, March 1st at 6:00 pm. The monetary awards will be presented at this event and students/teachers will be able to take home their work after the reception.
- Entrants and parents/guardians expressly agree, by participating in this competition, to release and hold harmless the Henry County Board of Education, the Henry Arts Alliance, Meadows & Macie and their employees, and volunteers, from any and all liability arising out of this event, including damage or theft.
Cash awards will include Best of Show, 1st Place & Awards of Excellence. The teacher of the Best of Show entry will receive a monetary award. All other teachers present at the reception will be entered in a random drawing for a monetary award, as well. Awards will be presented at the McDonough Library “Winner’s Circle” reception on Thursday, March 1st at 6:00 pm.
On-line registration will be activated from January 9th to February 2nd (2018)
If you are having trouble submitting your registration and are not sure if it is actually being submitted, please look to the left of this page for details about what you will see on screen during the registration submission process.
► Pre-registered artwork must be DELIVERED to the Performing Arts Center on Tuesday, February 6th, from 2-6 pm◄
For information on the Henry Arts Alliance, visit their website at HenryArtsAlliance.org