The Henry County Board of Education is the governing body of Henry County Schools. Key duties of the Board include but are not limited to the following:
- Appointing the Superintendent
- Adopting school system policies
- Approving and overseeing the budget
- Adopting courses of study
- Providing school facilities
- Employing school system personnel
- Monitoring plans for continuous improvement of the school system
The Superintendent is a professional educator appointed by the Board, and serves as chief executive officer responsible for leading and managing school system operations.
To view a brochure about the Board, please click HERE.For assistance, please contact the Office of the Superintendent at 770-957-6601.