Welcome to Luella Athletics!
Athletic Director for the Luella Lions-
Michelle Ahmad | email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @MichelleAhmad9
Like us on Facebook: Luella High Scool Athletic Department
Luella High School Athletic Rules & Regulations
1. GHSA rule - All student-athletes must pass 5 classes or the equivalent of 2.5 credits in the previous semester to be eligible to participate in a high school sport.
2. If a student-athlete is failing 1 class during the school year the student must attend mandatory tutoring 3 times a week in addition to coaches’ consequences.
3. If a student-athlete is failing 2 classes during the school year the student must attend mandatory tutoring 5 times a week and attend after school tutoring. These things are in addition to coaches’ consequences.
4. If a student-athlete is failing 3 or more classes during the school year the student is SUSPENDED from participating in a sport until they are passing at least 5 classes.
5. Progress reports must be completed by student –athletes every two weeks (in and out of season) and turned in to their coach.
***Failure to comply with any of the above rules with documentation from the head coach will result in student-athlete suspension.
In School Behavior
In School Suspension (ISS)
1. If a student-athlete is assigned to ISS, he or she will not be able to participate in any sports activities (practice or game) for the days served in ISS.
*** If a student-athlete is given ISS 3 times in a season or 6 times over the course of the school year, the student-athlete will be suspended from athletics.
Out of School Suspension (OSS)
2. If a student-athlete is assigned OSS, he or she will not be able to participate in any sports activities (practice or game) for the days served in OSS plus 1 additional day.
*** If a student-athlete is given OSS 2 times in a season or 4 times over the course of the school year, the student-athlete will be suspended from athletics.
Behavior on the Court & Field
1. No insubordinate behavior (cussing, fighting, etc.) will be allowed on the practice court or field. Coaches will discipline player(s) according to the action. If a player is removed from practice, the Athletic Director should be notified immediately. The AD will meet with the player and coach at the head coaches’ discretion.
2. No insubordinate behavior (cussing, fighting, ejections, etc.) will be allowed during pre-game, game or post-game. Head coaches and /or Athletic Director will discipline player(s) according to the action. If a player is removed from a game, the Athletic Director should be notified immediately. The AD will meet with player and coach at the coach's discretion.
If a player is removed from a game, GHSA rules state the player can’t play in the remainder of that game in addition to the next game (one game suspension).
Luella athletic rules state – A player will be suspended the remainder of the game plus the next game (GHSA rules) plus another game (Luella athletic rules). Two-game suspension.
During this time, player(s) participation in practice will be at the Head Coaches’ discretion.
Please remember what you post online is a reflection of you, your parents, Luella High School, and the community. Please use good judgement. Students will be held accountable for comments/actions on social media:
-on school grounds
-off school grounds at a school activity
-off school grounds at a non-school activity
The violation of any state or federal law is AUTOMATIC suspension from all Luella High School sports teams.
All athletic fees must be paid (present and past) or an arrangement must be made by the parents with the appropriate coach before the sports first regular season game.Athletic Director:Michelle Ahmad (firstname.lastname@example.org)________________________________________________________
Order Luella Athletics ApparelLuella Athletics will profit from each purchase made through the site below.