To answer your question about the football fee. The school does not provide the football program with money/a budget to run our football program. We have to raise all the money to run our program on our own. Our football booster organization does an amazing job of raising sponsorship money, but they are not able to raise enough money to support our program needs. Over the last two years our operating budget for football has averaged $45,000 a year. That is why there is a football fee to help our program survive and give our players the best experience we can possibly provide them.
What the football fee covers:
Bus Transportation Fee ( To take the player to the games that they are on the dress out list for) . This is paid directly to the Henry County Schools Transportation Department $50.00
Other Costs $250…..
* Football Equipment Rental Use (To buy and maintain the equipment a football player need to safely compete in football is around $500 to $800 dollars a player),
* Food- Varsity Pre-game Meals, Half Time Sports Drinks, Post-Game Snacks, JV Pre-game snacks and meals.
* Football Practice Equipment, Game Equipment, Uniforms for practice and games, Video Equipment, etc. (everything to help this program survive and excel)
Also Access to the following:
* Winter and Summer Workout use of the weight Room (wear and tear on equipment, purchase of new training equipment for strength and speed development).
* Strength and Conditioning Coordinator- We have a full-time Strength and Conditioning Coordinator that is certified by Strength and Conditioning Organizations that designs and implements/coordinates our workout, to help our football athletes reach their full strength potential.
* Football Recruiting Coordinator- if a player has the grades and ability to play college football, our recruiting coordinator works extremely hard to help players find a school. We had 18 former Luella Football Players playing College Football during the 2011 College Football Season.
* Video Coordinator- The Video Coordinator provides each potential college athlete that is identified by our coaching staff with a recruiting film of that athletes highlights, these films cost anywhere between $150-$500 to have produced by an outside company. These recruiting films are also posted on Youtube.com to help provide the athletes even more exposure to colleges.
Our program provides two fundraising opportunities to help with the fee, as well as additional parental fundraising opportunities.
Also our booster president is willing to set up a payment plan if full payment is not available by August 6th, 2012.