Within the next few weeks your child’s registration for high school will be finalized. In order to insure that your child enrolls in the appropriate program of study, please note:
1. TUESDAY, MARCH 14, All day. –8th graders will attend informational sessions at UGHS.
Students will be introduced to the CTAE, Fine Arts, NJROTC, and Foreign Language elective courses offered at
UGHS. Please go to the UGHS website to view the 2017-2018 advisement guide and course descriptions.
2. THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 6:00 P.M. - 8th Grade Night at UGHS for students and parents.
Graduation requirements will be discussed. Parents and students will have the opportunity to talk with teachers
in core course and elective areas. (Honors information will be available at our AP/Honors Night on March 20.).
MAKE SURE TO SCHEDULE YOUR CHILD’S REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT before leaving
Parent Night. If you are unable to attend Parent Night, call Ms. Julie Tingle on Friday, March 17 at
678-583-8502 to set an appointment.
Please note that students who qualify for special education services will register during their spring
IEP meeting and will not need to make an appointment.
3. MONDAY, March 20, 6:00 P.M. – 8th Grade AP/Honors night. Information about AP/Honors
classes and expectations will be presented.
4. MARCH 21 or MARCH 23, 5:00 P.M. or 6:00 P.M. – 8th grade registrations will be completed
at UGHS by appointment ONLY. Please note that registration must be completed by a parent or legal
guardian only. Bring your student with you to this appointment with his/her elective choices.
*YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO ATTEND.
*Advisors will assist you in finalizing your child’s registration at your registration appointment.
*Advisors will select courses for students whose parents are unable to attend a registration appointment.
5. FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017 – LAST DAY TO REQUEST A CHANGE IN REGISTRATION.
Requests must be made in person at Union Grove High School counseling office. No appointment is needed to request
a change. A form must be signed by a parent.
We look forward to meeting you and your student. If you have questions, please direct them to the Counseling Office at Union Grove High School.
Registration Appointment Options:
(Reminder: Appointment must be set prior to attending.)
Tuesday, March 21 – 5:00 P.M. or 6:00 P.M.
Thursday, March 23 – 5:00 P.M. or 6:00 P.M.
- Remember that your (1) PROOF of RESIDENCE must be verified and accepted by UGMS along with your (2) completed enrollment form in order for us to process your child’s registration. Failure to complete this process in a timely manner places your child’s registration on hold and can affect placement choices.
- Attend ALL registration events.
- Remember your appointment date and time. Please be on time!
- Students are encouraged to take challenging courses.
- Students are registering for YEAR-LONG classes.
- All electives are pending space availability. All students must choose elective alternates carefully. Consideration will be given to the priority of alternates, but priority order is not guaranteed.
- The order of classes is randomly selected by computer.
- We do not allow students/parents to choose teachers.
- Your child’s official schedule for the 2017 – 2018 school year will be available at our Open House in July. Please note that schedules visible in Infinite Campus prior to Open House are still in process and have not been finalized.
- The first day of school will be July 31, 2017.
The LAST DAY to change ANY course request is May 5, 2017!