NATIONAL HISTORY DAY
Theme for 2015-2016: Exploration, Encounter, Exchange
What is National History Day?
National History Day (NHD) is an academic program that engages over half a million middle- and high-school students around the world annually in conducting original research on historical topics of interest. These research-based projects are entered into contests at the local and affiliate levels, where the top student projects have the opportunity to advance to the National Contest.
In addition to facilitating the discovery of the past, NHD also helps students develop the following attributes that are critical for future success:
For more information: http://www.nhd.org
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Research and reading skills,
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills,
- Self-esteem and confidence, and
- A sense of responsibility for and involvement in the democratic process.
Here is a video clip from one of our partnering states (Minnesota) that demonstrates the grand finale of the program: