The Academy for Advanced Studies will be a charter program of choice, providing innovative and flexible learning options for students. Some of the key features of the AAS academic program include the following:
· AAS will expand the opportunities for students to participate in advanced and unique secondary programs of study, including academic and career/technical/agricultural education (CTAE) coursework not available at other high schools in Henry County.
· AAS will expand the opportunities for students to participate in college-level coursework, including dual enrollment, Move-On-When-Ready, Advanced Placement (AP), and articulated courses not available at other high schools in Henry County.
· AAS will facilitate and support ALL dual enrollment and Move-On-When-Ready opportunities for students in Henry County Schools.
· AAS will offer innovative and relevant CTAE programs and work-based learning opportunities customized to meet the needs of Henry County business and industry.
· AAS will focus on project-based instruction in a standards-based environment.
· AAS will emphasize the seamless alignment and integration of secondary and post-secondary academic courses with CTAE courses.
· AAS will stress career guidance and planning, and the development of behaviors that mirror business and industry expectations for employee work ethic and professionalism.