The entire dress code for Henry County Secondary Schools can be found in 2011-2012 Student & Parent Handbook.
Please read below the specifications for Hampton Middle School.
2. Extreme Styles of Clothing– All pants (including skinny jeans) and skirts shall be worn at the waist at all times. Pants and jeans with splits, frays or holes above the knees should not be worn; patches are acceptable. No jeggings or spandex pants.
3. Hats, caps, scarves, nets, or any object that covers 50% of the hair should not be worn during the school day. This includes bands on the forehead.
4. Shorts, skirts, culottes, split skirts or dresses must be no more than three inches above the knee. (This includes with leggings or shorts underneath.) We do not have a fingertip length rule.
5. See-through clothing, bare shoulders, bare midriffs, spaghetti straps, halters, or tank tops should not be worn as a primary shirt. Covering with a jacket is not sufficient. Shirts tied in back should not show skin. Cleavage area should be covered at all times.
6. Pajama bottoms/lounging wear/house slippers/shower shoes/flip-flops (beach/regular) are prohibited.
7. Backpacks/bags are prohibited in the classrooms or hallways. This includes drawstring bags, tote bags and large purses. (If a composition book will fit in it, it cannot be carried.)
8. Shades or non-prescription glasses are not allowed.
9. Rosary beads should not be worn.