In 1990, the Henry County Board of Education approved an offer for an Afterschool Program in each elementary school. The program was titled the Afterschool Enrichment Program (ASEP). The components of the ASEP include:
- Adult supervision during non-school hours
- Affordable cost for child care services
- Adequate instructors for each program
- Educational resources to improve the academic performance of participating students
- Recreational activities to enhance social interaction in a group setting
- Nutritional snacks as an afterschool refreshment
The hours of the Afterschool Enrichment Program are Monday through Friday, beginning at 2:30 P.M. and ending at 6:00 P.M. The program is not operated during weekends, school vacation, holiday periods, and teacher in-service days. When schools are closed due to inclement weather, students should be picked up immediately.