· Self-disciplined? (this means working a minimum 30 hours a week working online away from school)?
· Willing to initiate contact with teacher when help is needed?
· Organized and possess time management skills?
· Comfortable with technology and have computer and have internet capability?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then Blended Learning may be a good choice for you.
In an effort to meet the needs of the students of Henry County, Patrick Henry is offering those students who meet certain requirements an opportunity to participate in an unique blended learning program by way of developed online courses through www.apexlearning.com. The courses offered are based on the Georgia Performance Standards and the student will have the flexibility to work at home and receive assistance from Patrick Henry teachers.
· Pre-enrollment Parent/Student Conference
· Blended/APEX Student Orientation
· Students are required to attend school at least 12 hours per week (or more as mandated by the instructor).
· Students will be required to attend labs that are scheduled by the instructor.
· tudents will be required to conference with each instructor every Friday.
· Students will declare their class schedules every Friday for the following week.
· Consists of a team of CTAE, English, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Special Education Instructors.
· Students communicate with instructors via E-mail when working out of the building.
· Parents will be e-mailed weekly of student progress.
· Many classes are Nine Week class terms which allow students to complete courses in this allotted time frame.
· Each student will be assigned to a “family” teacher who will serve as the first point of contact for the students.
· Students have access to computers 9:00 AM—7:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM—3:00 PM on Fridays
After reading about the program, do you have an interest? If so please complete an online application.