Welcome to the Graduation Coach Resource Page!
Graduation Coach: Sonja Bowman-Gillison
Graduation Coach Mission:
To ensure the successful transition of all students from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to post-secondary education or work.
Role of the Graduation Coach:
To identify and provide early intercention services to students at risk of dropping out or otherwise not graduating by:
- analyzing data to identify students at-risk of dropping out.
- implementing schoolwide support interventions.
- motivating students to focus on a graduation plan.
- negotiating extra help services.
- offering academic advisement.
- providing direct student support and case management.
- developing effective transition programs.
- connecting parents and students with appropriate school and community resources.
- encouraging parent/community involvement.
Last Modified on August 6, 2013