Henry County Schools Advisement and Counseling Programs
Henry County Schools is committed to having comprehensive school counseling programs. The Counseling Departments in Henry County Schools are composed of caring, enthusiastic staff who are dedicated to leading our students towards college, career, and life readiness. From the time children enter our schools until they complete 12th grade graduation, the Counseling Departments are there to help make the difficult transitions as smooth and enjoyable as possible. There is a shared passion of seeing students succeed and lead healthy lives, but most importantly advising children to grow into critical thinkers, collaborators, and creators.
The Counseling Departments coordinates valuable lessons to the students’ curriculum that aid in teaching citizenship, academic excellence and responsibility.
The school counselors in Henry County Schools believe:
- Each student has dignity, worth, and deserve mutual respect
- Each student will have access to the school counseling program
- Our school counseling curriculum considers the special needs and all ethnic, racial, physical, and gender differences of our students
- Each student should have access to a full-time, state certified, master's-degree-level school counselor to deliver the school counseling curriculum
Our comprehensive school counseling programs will:
- Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies/action plans focused on closing the gaps
- Be planned and coordinated by school counseling staff with input from other school, parent, and community representatives
- Incorporate community resources
- Be evaluated and developed by using measurable data
- Actively involve counseling representatives to monitor students' outcomes and progress
We will maintain a strong ethical foundation that protects our students and their families by:
- Abiding by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) supported by the Georgia School Counselor Association (GSCA).
- Participating in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.